Tuesday, April 3, 2007

A musical crisis of faith - well timed for Easter!

So the Mendelssohn Singers - the choir I'm in - is performing Arvo Part's PASSIO this Friday night and I know I should be excited about it. After all, its a rarely performed piece written by a composer who is seen as a pioneer of his genre - "mystical or sacred minimalism". You want to know the truth?

It frankly bores the snot out of me.



I fear that this is a clear indication that my post secondary education in music was all for not...it apparently didn't lead to a more refined taste in music. Oh and while I'm at it I should also confess that I hate most slow movements and can't really sit through anything written by Bach.

I think there might really be something wrong with me...

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a facebook group you should join, lol. I'll send you an invite. ;)

April 5, 2007 at 6:05 PM  
Anonymous Medical Value Travel India said...

Great post and thanks for sharing....

December 5, 2017 at 4:57 AM  
Anonymous Prostate Cancer Treatment in India said...

Thank you, that was just an awesome post!!!.....

December 19, 2017 at 3:28 AM  
Anonymous Health Blog India said...

its very cute. thanks too share.....

December 20, 2017 at 2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post and thanks for sharing....

December 23, 2017 at 7:05 AM  
Anonymous Tips and Tricks blog said...

I love that idea. Awesome Post..

January 8, 2018 at 2:05 AM  
Anonymous Dr. Rajesh Sharma said...

This is such a helpful reading material for me, I’ve learned a lot of new things. Thanks for the great post!

April 4, 2018 at 4:44 AM  
Anonymous Dr. Hrishikesh D Pai said...

That was a VERY interesting one! Seriously interesting.

April 4, 2018 at 8:25 AM  
Anonymous Dr. Ramesh Kumar Bapna said...

That was a VERY interesting one! Seriously interesting.

April 7, 2018 at 7:49 AM  
Anonymous Dr. Mano Bhadauria said...

That is great to hear, thank you for reading!

May 29, 2018 at 4:34 AM  
Anonymous Health and Wellness Blog India said...

That was a VERY interesting one! Seriously interesting.

July 11, 2018 at 1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home